Обсуждение: Remove incidental md5() function uses from several tests

Remove incidental md5() function uses from several tests

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Continuing the work started with 208bf364a9, this patch removes md5()
function calls from these test suites:

- bloom
- test_decoding
- isolation
- recovery
- subscription

This covers all remaining test suites where md5() calls were just used
to generate some random data and can be replaced by appropriately
adapted sha256() calls.  Unlike for the main regression tests, I didn't
write a fipshash() wrapper here, because that would have been too
repetitive and wouldn't really save much here.  In some cases it was
easier to remove one layer of indirection by changing column types from
text to bytea.
Вложения

Re: Remove incidental md5() function uses from several tests

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 7 Jun 2023, at 08:59, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>
> Continuing the work started with 208bf364a9, this patch removes md5() function calls from these test suites:
>
> - bloom
> - test_decoding
> - isolation
> - recovery
> - subscription
>
> This covers all remaining test suites where md5() calls were just used to generate some random data and can be
replacedby appropriately adapted sha256() calls.

LGTM from a skim.

> Unlike for the main regression tests, I didn't write a fipshash() wrapper here, because that would have been too
repetitiveand wouldn't really save much here.  In some cases it was easier to remove one layer of indirection by
changingcolumn types from text to bytea.

Agreed.  Since the commit message mentions 208bf364a9 it would probably be a
good idea to add some version of the above fipshash clarification to the commit
message.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Re: Remove incidental md5() function uses from several tests

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 07.06.23 10:19, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> Unlike for the main regression tests, I didn't write a fipshash() wrapper here, because that would have been too
repetitiveand wouldn't really save much here.  In some cases it was easier to remove one layer of indirection by
changingcolumn types from text to bytea.

> Agreed.  Since the commit message mentions 208bf364a9 it would probably be a
> good idea to add some version of the above fipshash clarification to the commit
> message.

Committed with that addition, thanks.