Re: Remove incidental md5() function uses from several tests

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Remove incidental md5() function uses from several tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 7 Jun 2023, at 08:59, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>
> Continuing the work started with 208bf364a9, this patch removes md5() function calls from these test suites:
>
> - bloom
> - test_decoding
> - isolation
> - recovery
> - subscription
>
> This covers all remaining test suites where md5() calls were just used to generate some random data and can be
replacedby appropriately adapted sha256() calls.

LGTM from a skim.

> Unlike for the main regression tests, I didn't write a fipshash() wrapper here, because that would have been too
repetitiveand wouldn't really save much here.  In some cases it was easier to remove one layer of indirection by
changingcolumn types from text to bytea.

Agreed.  Since the commit message mentions 208bf364a9 it would probably be a
good idea to add some version of the above fipshash clarification to the commit
message.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree
От: Alexander Pyhalov
Сообщение: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown