Обсуждение: Inconsistency in ACL error message

Inconsistency in ACL error message

От
Joseph Koshakow
Дата:
Hi all,

I noticed a very minor inconsistency in some ACL error messages. When
you are try and alter a role, it just says "permission denied":

  postgres=> ALTER ROLE bar NOCREATEDB;
  ERROR:  permission denied
  postgres=> ALTER ROLE bar SET search_path TO 'foo';
  ERROR:  permission denied

For almost all other ACL error, we include what the action was. For
example:

  postgres=> CREATE ROLE r;
  ERROR:  permission denied to create role
  postgres=> DROP ROLE postgres;
  ERROR:  permission denied to drop role
  postgres=> CREATE DATABASE foo;
  ERROR:  permission denied to create database

It's not a huge deal, but it's easy enough to fix that I thought I'd
generate a patch (attached). Let me know if people think that it's
worth merging.

- Joe Koshakow
Вложения

Re: Inconsistency in ACL error message

От
Nathan Bossart
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 12:23:27PM -0500, Joseph Koshakow wrote:
> I noticed a very minor inconsistency in some ACL error messages. When
> you are try and alter a role, it just says "permission denied":

You might be interested in

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/4145/

--
Nathan Bossart

Re: Inconsistency in ACL error message

От
Joseph Koshakow
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 1:31 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:

> You might be interested in
>
>        https://commitfest.postgresql.org/42/4145/

Ah, perfect. In that case ignore my patch!

- Joe Koshakow