Inconsistency in ACL error message

От Joseph Koshakow
Тема Inconsistency in ACL error message
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I noticed a very minor inconsistency in some ACL error messages. When
you are try and alter a role, it just says "permission denied":

  postgres=> ALTER ROLE bar NOCREATEDB;
  ERROR:  permission denied
  postgres=> ALTER ROLE bar SET search_path TO 'foo';
  ERROR:  permission denied

For almost all other ACL error, we include what the action was. For
example:

  postgres=> CREATE ROLE r;
  ERROR:  permission denied to create role
  postgres=> DROP ROLE postgres;
  ERROR:  permission denied to drop role
  postgres=> CREATE DATABASE foo;
  ERROR:  permission denied to create database

It's not a huge deal, but it's easy enough to fix that I thought I'd
generate a patch (attached). Let me know if people think that it's
worth merging.

- Joe Koshakow
Вложения