Обсуждение: 'value' has special behaviour in alter system

'value' has special behaviour in alter system

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/sql-altersystem.html

Documentation say
ALTER SYSTEM SET configuration_parameter { TO | = } { value | 'value' |
DEFAULT }

The variant 'value' has special, not obvious behaviour and must be
documented.
For instance
ALTER SYSTEM SET shared_preload_libraries TO a, b, c;
Lead to
shared_preload_libraries = 'a, b, c'
in the postgresql.auto.conf and working fine. (If a, b, c are correct
libraries.) But
ALTER SYSTEM SET shared_preload_libraries TO 'a, b, c';
Lead to
shared_preload_libraries = '"a, b, c"'
in the postgresql.auto.conf and postgresql will not even start. Without any
errors in the postgresql log files. :) In the system log will be "file not
found".

Re: 'value' has special behaviour in alter system

От
"David G. Johnston"