Обсуждение: Unnecessary global variable declared in xlog.c

Unnecessary global variable declared in xlog.c

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
Hi,

The attached patch moves the "LastRec" variable declaration inside
StartupXLOG() where it is supposed to be.

Amul Sul
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Re: Unnecessary global variable declared in xlog.c

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 11:17:27AM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:
> The attached patch moves the "LastRec" variable declaration inside
> StartupXLOG() where it is supposed to be.

Yes, reading through the code, your suggestion makes sense.  I'll
double-check and apply if there are no objections.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Unnecessary global variable declared in xlog.c

Дата:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 11:17:27AM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:
>> The attached patch moves the "LastRec" variable declaration inside
>> StartupXLOG() where it is supposed to be.

> Yes, reading through the code, your suggestion makes sense.  I'll
> double-check and apply if there are no objections.

I think LastRec was originally referenced by multiple functions
in xlog.c.  But it does look like it could be a local now.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Unnecessary global variable declared in xlog.c

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 02:08:54AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I think LastRec was originally referenced by multiple functions
> in xlog.c.  But it does look like it could be a local now.

Thanks for double-checking, applied this one as of f975fc3.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Unnecessary global variable declared in xlog.c

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 7:36 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 02:08:54AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I think LastRec was originally referenced by multiple functions
> > in xlog.c.  But it does look like it could be a local now.
>
> Thanks for double-checking, applied this one as of f975fc3.

Thank you, Michael.

Regards,
Amul