Обсуждение: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Yessica Brinkmann
Дата:
Hello. I write for the following reason: I had configured a pg_hba.conf file, which I am using with some debian virtual machines, to be able to communicate between two different virtual machines.
Well, it turns out that at one point when I was using my virtual machines, suddenly and unexpectedly, the IP of one of the virtual machines changed.
I was trying to find out why the commands that I was executing between one virtual machine and the other did not work for me, until finally I came to the conclusion that the IP of one of my virtual machines had changed.
Well, then, I went to modify my pg_hba.conf file so that it reflected the new IP that I did not know why it changed, and to continue communicating between the two virtual machines, but it turns out that when I change my pg_hba.conf file, the connection still does not work for me .
The new line in my pg_hba.conf file is as follows:
host ds2 postgres 192.168.52.153/32 trust
and the line above was:
host ds2 postgres 192.168.52.150/32 trust
I clarify that right now when doing ip addr in the virtual machine whose IP changed unexpectedly, the following IP address appears: 192.168.52.153/24.
I will greatly appreciate a help please.
Regards,
Yessica Brinkmann

Libre de virus. www.avg.com

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/11/21 17:14, Yessica Brinkmann wrote:
> Hello. I write for the following reason: I had configured a pg_hba.conf
> file, which I am using with some debian virtual machines, to be able to
> communicate between two different virtual machines.

> Well, then, I went to modify my pg_hba.conf file so that it reflected
> the new IP that I did not know why it changed, and to continue
> communicating between the two virtual machines, but it turns out that
> when I change my pg_hba.conf file, the connection still does not work
> for me .

Did you reload or restart the server after making the change?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Yessica Brinkmann
Дата:
Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, I restart the server after making the changes.
Regards,
Yessica Brinkmann

Libre de virus. www.avg.com

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Dave Cramer

Yes, I restart the server after making the changes.
Regards,
Yessica Brinkmann

Check the logs for postgres to make sure there were no errors in your new configuration.

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Yessica Brinkmann
Дата:
Thank you very much for your answer.
Regards,
Yessica Brinkmann

Yes, I restart the server after making the changes.
Regards,
Yessica Brinkmann

Check the logs for postgres to make sure there were no errors in your new configuration.

Dave Cramer
www.postgres.rocks

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/12/21 10:34 AM, Yessica Brinkmann wrote:
> Thank you very much for your answer.

Did you find the problem?

If not have you investigated whether whatever changed the IP also
enabled a firewall rule that blocks port(5432 I'm assuming)?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Yessica Brinkmann
Дата:
Hello.
Thank you very much for your answer.
The configuration actually works for me. After restarting my computer, I went to test again and it was already working. I assume that perhaps because they are virtual machines it was not only enough to restart the server, I think you also had to restart the computer.
It's what I think, or I don't know what else could have happened, but now it's working for me.
Thank you very much and greetings,
Yessica Brinkmann

Libre de virus. www.avg.com

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Ray O'Donnell
Дата:
On 14/11/2021 19:46, Yessica Brinkmann wrote:
> Hello.
> Thank you very much for your answer.
> The configuration actually works for me.After restarting my computer, I
> went to test again and it was already working. I assume that perhaps
> because they are virtual machines it was not only enough to restart the
> server, I think you also had to restart the computer.
> It's what I think, or I don't know what else could have happened, but
> now it's working for me.

Restarting the entire computer shouldn't be necessary... On the Debian
servers I look after, it's enough to do:

     systemctl restart postgresql

(or whatever the name of the particular service is).

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell // Galway // Ireland
ray@rodonnell.ie

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/14/21 11:55, Ray O'Donnell wrote:
> On 14/11/2021 19:46, Yessica Brinkmann wrote:
>> Hello.
>> Thank you very much for your answer.
>> The configuration actually works for me.After restarting my computer,
>> I went to test again and it was already working. I assume that perhaps
>> because they are virtual machines it was not only enough to restart
>> the server, I think you also had to restart the computer.
>> It's what I think, or I don't know what else could have happened, but
>> now it's working for me.
>
> Restarting the entire computer shouldn't be necessary... On the Debian
> servers I look after, it's enough to do:
>
>      systemctl restart postgresql
>
> (or whatever the name of the particular service is).

Actually that was already done:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAOR%2BmccGARtFsb7c%2BF%3DRUk832%3DdaaJ8%2ByQW8eBYa1Krypr4O6Q%40mail.gmail.com

The problems seems to have stemmed from this(per OP):

"Well, it turns out that at one point when I was using my virtual
machines, suddenly and unexpectedly, the IP of one of the virtual
machines changed."

Something to do with the networking between host and VM's I presume.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От
Ray O'Donnell
Дата:
On 14/11/2021 20:16, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Actually that was already done:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAOR%2BmccGARtFsb7c%2BF%3DRUk832%3DdaaJ8%2ByQW8eBYa1Krypr4O6Q%40mail.gmail.com

> The problems seems to have stemmed from this(per OP):
>
> "Well, it turns out that at one point when I was using my virtual
> machines, suddenly and unexpectedly, the IP of one of the virtual
> machines changed."
>
> Something to do with the networking between host and VM's I presume.

Ah, OK - I missed that. Serves me right for jumping in late. :-)

Ray.