Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/14/21 11:55, Ray O'Donnell wrote:
> On 14/11/2021 19:46, Yessica Brinkmann wrote:
>> Hello.
>> Thank you very much for your answer.
>> The configuration actually works for me.After restarting my computer,
>> I went to test again and it was already working. I assume that perhaps
>> because they are virtual machines it was not only enough to restart
>> the server, I think you also had to restart the computer.
>> It's what I think, or I don't know what else could have happened, but
>> now it's working for me.
>
> Restarting the entire computer shouldn't be necessary... On the Debian
> servers I look after, it's enough to do:
>
>      systemctl restart postgresql
>
> (or whatever the name of the particular service is).

Actually that was already done:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAOR%2BmccGARtFsb7c%2BF%3DRUk832%3DdaaJ8%2ByQW8eBYa1Krypr4O6Q%40mail.gmail.com

The problems seems to have stemmed from this(per OP):

"Well, it turns out that at one point when I was using my virtual
machines, suddenly and unexpectedly, the IP of one of the virtual
machines changed."

Something to do with the networking between host and VM's I presume.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change
Сообщение: Re: Pg_hba.conf problem after unexpected IP change