Обсуждение: Looking for help to migrate Oracle PL SQL code to PGSQL code

Looking for help to migrate Oracle PL SQL code to PGSQL code

От
dbatoCloud Solution
Дата:
Hi Team
I want to migrate Oracle PL/SQL code to PostgreSQL pg/sql code.
Could you please let me know if someone has done it? if yes then what kind of challenges do we need to face it?

Thanks

Ashok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashokkumar Mani

 +91 81975 99922

W: https://dbatocloudsolution.blogspot.in/ | E: dbatocloud17@gmail.com

Re: Looking for help to migrate Oracle PL SQL code to PGSQL code

От
Firthouse banu
Дата:
I have done it in my previous project . Yes it’s difficult and time taking process . Because some features which is in oracle will not be working for Postgres. We need to find the equivalent of it and change code .
I have used AWS schema conversion tool to converts complete schema as it will not do your complete job some changes needs to be done manually….

Thanks
Firthouse

I want to migrate Oracle PL/SQL code to PostgreSQL pg/sql code.
Could you please let me know if someone has done it? if yes then what kind of challenges do we need to face it?

Thanks

Ashok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashokkumar Mani

 +91 81975 99922

W: https://dbatocloudsolution.blogspot.in/ | E: dbatocloud17@gmail.com

Re: Looking for help to migrate Oracle PL SQL code to PGSQL code

От
dbatoCloud Solution
Дата:
Hi Firthouse banu

Can you please share your experience of migrating oracle code to postgresql ? I mean the steps and overview which would be great.

Thanks

Ashok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[...]

"Michel SALAIS"

You can use ora2pg which can do a lot for you (https://ora2pg.darold.net/start.html).

But this doesn’t mean that all will be automatic. You have to recheck PL/pgSQL code generated by the tool. This is necessary because of the difference of functionalities between Oracle and PostgreSQL. If you have a lot of PL/SQL code, this will not be a little task. Anyway, application code is on your charge.

Best regards

Michel SALAIS

[...]

P C
Дата:
Ashok,

There are tools like ora2pg and others which will help you convert oracle-plsql to pg-psql. However, note 2 things:
1. It will not do a 100% conversion.
2. You will need to verify whatever it has converted to ensure that your functionality is not impacted which means testing efforts will be substantial.

All-in-all, as others shared, it is quite a task. Although ora2pg/tools will reduce some work, the time will not reduce because you will still need to verify the conversion and convert yourself whatever is not converted.

HTH

Re: Looking for help to migrate Oracle PL SQL code to PGSQL code

От
Holger Jakobs
Дата:
Another tool