Обсуждение: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
Hi,

In xlog_redo, for end-of-recovery case error message describes the
record as a checkpoint record which seems to be incorrect; the
attached patch corrects that.

Amul Sul
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 8:59 AM Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> In xlog_redo, for end-of-recovery case error message describes the
> record as a checkpoint record which seems to be incorrect; the
> attached patch corrects that.

The analysis and patch appear correct to me.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
"Bossart, Nathan"
Дата:
On 10/28/21, 12:23 PM, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 8:59 AM Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In xlog_redo, for end-of-recovery case error message describes the
>> record as a checkpoint record which seems to be incorrect; the
>> attached patch corrects that.
>
> The analysis and patch appear correct to me.

When I apply the patch, it changes the PANIC message in the
XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE section, not the XLOG_END_OF_RECOVERY one.

Nathan

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
"Bossart, Nathan"
Дата:
On 10/28/21, 12:52 PM, "Bossart, Nathan" <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> On 10/28/21, 12:23 PM, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 8:59 AM Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In xlog_redo, for end-of-recovery case error message describes the
>>> record as a checkpoint record which seems to be incorrect; the
>>> attached patch corrects that.
>>
>> The analysis and patch appear correct to me.
>
> When I apply the patch, it changes the PANIC message in the
> XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE section, not the XLOG_END_OF_RECOVERY one.

But other than that, the change seems reasonable to me.

Nathan

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 3:52 PM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> When I apply the patch, it changes the PANIC message in the
> XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE section, not the XLOG_END_OF_RECOVERY one.

Well that's a good point. *facepalm*

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 2:36 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 3:52 PM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> > When I apply the patch, it changes the PANIC message in the
> > XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE section, not the XLOG_END_OF_RECOVERY one.
>
> Well that's a good point. *facepalm*

Oops... :|

Corrected in the attached version.

Regards,
Amul

Вложения

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
"Bossart, Nathan"
Дата:
On 10/28/21, 9:15 PM, "Amul Sul" <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 2:36 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 3:52 PM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
>> > When I apply the patch, it changes the PANIC message in the
>> > XLOG_CHECKPOINT_ONLINE section, not the XLOG_END_OF_RECOVERY one.
>>
>> Well that's a good point. *facepalm*
>>

> Oops... :|
>
> Corrected in the attached version.

The patch no longer applied, so I went ahead and rebased it.

Nathan

Вложения

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 07:09:34PM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> The patch no longer applied, so I went ahead and rebased it.

This was on the CF stack for some time, so applied.  I have also
changed the messages produced for the shutdown and online checkpoint
records as they used the same messages so as one can get more
context depending on the record types.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
Amul Sul
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 10:08 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 07:09:34PM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> > The patch no longer applied, so I went ahead and rebased it.
>
> This was on the CF stack for some time, so applied.  I have also
> changed the messages produced for the shutdown and online checkpoint
> records as they used the same messages so as one can get more
> context depending on the record types.

A ton of thanks for the improvement & the commit.

Regards,
Amul

Re: Correct error message for end-of-recovery record TLI

От
"Bossart, Nathan"
Дата:
On 1/24/22, 8:42 PM, "Amul Sul" <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 10:08 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 01, 2021 at 07:09:34PM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
>> > The patch no longer applied, so I went ahead and rebased it.
>>
>> This was on the CF stack for some time, so applied.  I have also
>> changed the messages produced for the shutdown and online checkpoint
>> records as they used the same messages so as one can get more
>> context depending on the record types.
>
> A ton of thanks for the improvement & the commit.

+1, thanks!

Nathan