Обсуждение: BUG #17147: Why concat_ws and concat is not immutable?

BUG #17147: Why concat_ws and concat is not immutable?

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      17147
Logged by:          RekGRpth
Email address:      rekgrpth@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.4
Operating system:   docker alpine

Why concat_ws and concat is not immutable? And why they cannot be used in
generated always as?

Re: BUG #17147: Why concat_ws and concat is not immutable?

Дата:
> Why concat_ws and concat is not immutable?

Those invoke datatype-specific output functions, which aren't guaranteed
to be immutable.  Maybe ideally they would be, but we have too much
historical baggage --- for example, timestamp_out has always depended
on DateStyle.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #17147: Why concat_ws and concat is not immutable?

От
RekGRpth
Дата:
Thank you for the clarification.