Обсуждение: Replace run-time error check with assertion

Replace run-time error check with assertion

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
In the attached patch, the error message was checking that the
structures returned from the parser matched expectations.  That's
something we usually use assertions for, not a full user-facing error
message.  So I replaced that with an assertion (hidden inside
lfirst_node()).

Вложения

Re: Replace run-time error check with assertion

Дата:
> In the attached patch, the error message was checking that the
> structures returned from the parser matched expectations.  That's
> something we usually use assertions for, not a full user-facing error
> message.  So I replaced that with an assertion (hidden inside
> lfirst_node()).

Works for me.  It's certainly silly to use a translatable ereport
rather than elog for this.

Localizing those variables some more looks sane too.

            regards, tom lane