Обсуждение: Substitute for synonym in Oracle after migration to postgres

Substitute for synonym in Oracle after migration to postgres

От
aditya desai
Дата:
Hi,
We have to access data from one schema to another. We have created a view for this but performance is not good. We tried materialized views as well but Refresh MV is creating problem as it puts and access exclusive locks.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Regards,
Aditya.

Re: Substitute for synonym in Oracle after migration to postgres

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Tue, 2021-04-06 at 13:22 +0530, aditya desai wrote:
> We have to access data from one schema to another. We have created
>  a view for this but performance is not good.

The performance of a view that is just a simple SELECT to a table
in a different schema will be just as good as using that table
directly.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Substitute for synonym in Oracle after migration to postgres

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 01:22:31PM +0530, aditya desai wrote:
> Hi,
> We have to access data from one schema to another. We have created a view for this but performance is not good. We
tried
> materialized views as well but Refresh MV is creating problem as it puts and access exclusive locks.
> Is there any other way to achieve this?

Yes, just use the other table right in your query. There is no need to
add wrappers.

select * from schema1.table join schema2.table on ...

depesz

Re: Substitute for synonym in Oracle after migration to postgres

От
aditya desai
Дата:
Thanks will check.