Обсуждение: upgrade postgres 9.5 to 9.6

upgrade postgres 9.5 to 9.6

От
Atul Kumar
Дата:
Hi,

I want to upgrade my server from postgres 9.5 to 9.6, but my DB size
is in TBs and I want to do it in minimum downtime (2-3 hours) so
please help me how should I perform it.

Please share the document, if possible, it will be grateful.

Regards,
Atul

Re: upgrade postgres 9.5 to 9.6

От
Enrico Pirozzi
Дата:
Hi Atul,
you could use logical replication and do an hot upgrade between the 2 servers with a zero downtime ;)

If you want to use logical replication between a 9.5 , 9.6 version you could use for example pglogical.

You could achieve the same result using an external logic replication tool like slony, although pglogical is more
powerful.

I hope that this can help you

Regards,
Enrico

--
Enrico Pirozzi <sscotty71@gmail.com>

Re: upgrade postgres 9.5 to 9.6

От
Atul Kumar
Дата:
May you provide me steps to perform it (logical replication upgrade).

I will be thankful to you.

--
Enrico Pirozzi <sscotty71@gmail.com>

Re: upgrade postgres 9.5 to 9.6

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Atul Kumar schrieb am 15.01.2021 um 14:17:
> I want to upgrade my server from postgres 9.5 to 9.6, but my DB size
> is in TBs and I want to do it in minimum downtime (2-3 hours) so
> please help me how should I perform it.
>

> Please share the document, if possible, it will be grateful.

pg_upgrade with the --link option should only take a few minutes.

Is there a reason you are upgrading to 9.6 and not 12 or 13?

9.6 will be end-of-live this November (in 10 months), you will have to do another upgrade then.

Thomas

Re: upgrade postgres 9.5 to 9.6

От
Ron