Обсуждение: Yum repository RPM behind release

Yum repository RPM behind release

От
Jack Douglas
Дата:
Hi

I also noticed that I didn't get rc1 for a while after the release.

Is the repository RPM updated on an automatic schedule?

Ideally I'd like to get db<>fiddle updated on the day of the release, do I have to switch back to Debian from CentOS to achieve that?

Jack

Re: Yum repository RPM behind release

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Sat, 2020-09-26 at 08:17 +0100, Jack Douglas wrote:

> Postgres 13 is out and the yum repos for the release exist, eg:
> https://yum.postgresql.org/13/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/ <https://yum.post
> gresql.org/13/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/>. However the repository RPM
> suggested at https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ <https
> ://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/> (
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-8-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm
>  <https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-8-
> x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm>) still points at rc1.
>
> I also noticed that I didn't get rc1 for a while after the release

Please update the repo RPM to the *latest* version first (42.0-13 or
above). rc packages were in the testing repo. v13 packages went to the
stable repo, which I added in 42.0-13.

Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: Yum repository RPM behind release

От
Jack Douglas
Дата:
Thanks very much Devrim, that got me on the right track.

> Please update the repo RPM to the *latest* version first (42.0-13 or
> above). rc packages were in the testing repo. v13 packages went to the
> stable repo, which I added in 42.0-13.

I had 42.0-14 installed but I had to manually uninstall and re-install to get the stable repo in the list in
/etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo

rpm -qa | grep pgdg
rpm -e pgdg-redhat-repo-42.0-14.noarch
dnf install -y https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-8-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

Jack

Re: Yum repository RPM behind release

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 15:12 +0100, Jack Douglas wrote:
> I had 42.0-14 installed but I had to manually uninstall and re-
> install to get the stable repo in the list in /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-
> redhat-all.repo

That happens when you modify the config file. The updated repo rpm
willl create the new file as pgdg-redhat-all.repo.rpnew (See the
.rpmnew suffix). In that case, users are expected to merge the changes
manually (or simply do what you did)

Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: Yum repository RPM behind release

От
Jack Douglas
Дата:
> That happens when you modify the config file

Thank you, that makes sense of course — and I had to change the config file to set `enabled=1` to enable the testing
repowhen we first installed.