Обсуждение: BUG #16564: Can't start the service postgresql@11-main.service

BUG #16564: Can't start the service postgresql@11-main.service

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      16564
Logged by:          Stemy
Email address:      stemy@stemy.me
PostgreSQL version: 11.2
Operating system:   Debian

Hello,

I can't use any server app that requires a postgresql database.

I can't even start the service. It is marked as "inactive (dead)", and if i
execute "systemctl start postgresql@11-main.service", it returns me this:
"Assertion failed on job for postgresql@11-main.service.".

Here's what a "systemctl status" give:

● postgresql@11-main.service - PostgreSQL Cluster 11-main
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postgresql@.service; enabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
   Assert: start assertion failed at Thu 2020-07-30 19:13:54 CEST; 1h 21min
ago
           AssertPathExists=/etc/postgresql/11/main/postgresql.conf was not
met

So what have i to do to "resurrect" it ?

Thanks.

Re: BUG #16564: Can't start the service postgresql@11-main.service

Дата:
> I can't use any server app that requires a postgresql database.
> I can't even start the service. It is marked as "inactive (dead)", and if i
> execute "systemctl start postgresql@11-main.service", it returns me this:
> "Assertion failed on job for postgresql@11-main.service.".

Well, the error message says that the cluster configuration file
isn't there:

>            AssertPathExists=/etc/postgresql/11/main/postgresql.conf was not
> met

So I wonder whether you initialized the database at all; normally
that action would set up a postgresql.conf file as a byproduct.

With a bare Postgres installation you'd run initdb for that purpose.
But since you're apparently using Debian's packaging of Postgres,
I'd recommend using whatever script they provide for the purpose.
Reading the package's documentation would tell you that.

            regards, tom lane