Re: BUG #16564: Can't start the service postgresql@11-main.service

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16564: Can't start the service postgresql@11-main.service
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I can't use any server app that requires a postgresql database.
> I can't even start the service. It is marked as "inactive (dead)", and if i
> execute "systemctl start postgresql@11-main.service", it returns me this:
> "Assertion failed on job for postgresql@11-main.service.".

Well, the error message says that the cluster configuration file
isn't there:

>            AssertPathExists=/etc/postgresql/11/main/postgresql.conf was not
> met

So I wonder whether you initialized the database at all; normally
that action would set up a postgresql.conf file as a byproduct.

With a bare Postgres installation you'd run initdb for that purpose.
But since you're apparently using Debian's packaging of Postgres,
I'd recommend using whatever script they provide for the purpose.
Reading the package's documentation would tell you that.