Обсуждение: Log the location field before any backtrace

Log the location field before any backtrace

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
In PG13, we added the ability to add backtraces to the log output.
After some practical experience with it, I think the order in which the
BACKTRACE and the LOCATION fields are printed is wrong.  I propose we
put the LOCATION field before the BACKTRACE field, not after.  This
makes more sense because the location is effectively at the lowest level
of the backtrace.

Patch attached.

Re: Log the location field before any backtrace

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 9 Jul 2020, at 11:17, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> In PG13, we added the ability to add backtraces to the log output. After some practical experience with it, I think
theorder in which the BACKTRACE and the LOCATION fields are printed is wrong.  I propose we put the LOCATION field
beforethe BACKTRACE field, not after.  This makes more sense because the location is effectively at the lowest level of
thebacktrace.

Makes sense, +1

cheers ./daniel

Re: Log the location field before any backtrace

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2020-Jul-09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> > On 9 Jul 2020, at 11:17, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > In PG13, we added the ability to add backtraces to the log output. After some practical experience with it, I think
theorder in which the BACKTRACE and the LOCATION fields are printed is wrong.  I propose we put the LOCATION field
beforethe BACKTRACE field, not after.  This makes more sense because the location is effectively at the lowest level of
thebacktrace.

> Makes sense, +1

Likewise

Re: Log the location field before any backtrace

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 12:31:38PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Jul-09, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 9 Jul 2020, at 11:17, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In PG13, we added the ability to add backtraces to the log
>>> output. After some practical experience with it, I think the
>>> order in which the BACKTRACE and the LOCATION fields are printed
>>> is wrong.  I propose we put the LOCATION field before the
>>> BACKTRACE field, not after.  This makes more sense because the
>>> location is effectively at the lowest level of the backtrace.
>>
>> Makes sense, +1
>
> Likewise

+1.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Log the location field before any backtrace

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2020-07-10 04:04, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 12:31:38PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>>> Makes sense, +1
>>
>> Likewise
>
> +1.

committed