Обсуждение: Suggestion to Monitoring Tool

Suggestion to Monitoring Tool

От
postgann2020 s
Дата:
Hi Team,

Thanks for your support.

Environment Details:
OS: RHEL 7.2
Postgres: 9.5.15
Master-Slave with Streaming replication

We are planning to implement the monitoring tool for our environment.

Could someone please suggest the Monitoring Tool based on your experience.

We are looking to cover the below areas.

1. Monitoring metrics and alerting.
2. Monitoring events and alerting.
3. Consolidate all the PROD DB logs and provide insights on log data.
4. logging explain plan and insights on explain plans. (Something like store explain plan and compare plans and send alerts on deviations)
5. Logging audit data and insights from audit data.

Thanks & Regards,
Postgann.

Re: Suggestion to Monitoring Tool

От
zurich@nym.hush.com
Дата:
Hi
I also suggest Nagios (for immediate monitoring) layered with OPM  (longer term and historical analysis), followed by
PGBadgerfor stats snapshots (if your logging format policy permits), and also PG_activity for the Operations team (if
securitypolicies permit), the latter is great when handling locking amongst other things.

Cheers

Peter Goodwin

On 5/27/2020 at 6:35 PM, "soumitra bhandary" <soumitra.bhandary@hotmail.com> wrote:

>You can try nagios
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 27-May-2020, at 10:16 PM, postgann2020 s
><postgann2020@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Team,
>>
>> Thanks for your support.
>>
>> Environment Details:
>> OS: RHEL 7.2
>> Postgres: 9.5.15
>> Master-Slave with Streaming replication
>>
>> We are planning to implement the monitoring tool for our
>environment.
>>
>> Could someone please suggest the Monitoring Tool based on your
>experience.
>>
>> We are looking to cover the below areas.
>>
>> 1. Monitoring metrics and alerting.
>> 2. Monitoring events and alerting.
>> 3. Consolidate all the PROD DB logs and provide insights on log
>data.
>> 4. logging explain plan and insights on explain plans.
>(Something like store explain plan and compare plans and send
>alerts on deviations)
>> 5. Logging audit data and insights from audit data.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Postgann.

Re: Suggestion to Monitoring Tool

От