Обсуждение: a proposal for a new functionality: "SELECT * [EXCEPT col1 [,col2]]

a proposal for a new functionality: "SELECT * [EXCEPT col1 [,col2]]

От
Stanislav Motyčka
Дата:
Hello,

Sometimes (for tables with many columns) it would be better and easier to write "SELECT" statement with clause "EXCEPT":
"SELECT * [EXCEPT col1 [,col2]] FROM ..."

It's easier to write "except" one or two columns from all (*) as to write names of all columns besides one or two.
What do you thin about it?

Best regards
Stano Motycka

Re: a proposal for a new functionality: "SELECT * [EXCEPT col1 [,col2]]

От
Josef Šimánek