Re: a proposal for a new functionality: "SELECT * [EXCEPT col1[,col2]]

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: a proposal for a new functionality: "SELECT * [EXCEPT col1[,col2]]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-Feb-25, Stanislav Motyčka wrote:

> Sometimes (for tables with many columns) it would be better and easier
> to write "SELECT" statement with clause "EXCEPT":
> "SELECT * [EXCEPT col1 [,col2]] FROM ..."

I think an important initial question is how do other database systems
implement this functionality, if they do, and what syntax do they offer.
From there we can move on to the conversation of where is the ISO SQL
committee going about this.

I think it's good to extend the standard to some extent, but it would
not do to have it extended in a direction that ends up contrary to what
they pursue in the future.