Обсуждение: BUG #16043: Duplicate Entry Key Message on postgres

BUG #16043: Duplicate Entry Key Message on postgres

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      16043
Logged by:          Jason John
Email address:      komal.sookee@spoonconsulting.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system:   Centos 7

We are currently experiencing a problem with DataSet objects that behave
differently between Oracle and Postgres.

When we perform "Next Page" / "Previous Page" repeatedly the application
crashes with a "Duplicate Entry Key" Message on postgres.

At the following address
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/Browsing_Tables_(FireDAC)
(See: Avoiding "Unique Key Violation" Error in LDW Mode at the end of the
page), it seems that our difficulties can come from character encoding
problem. Is there any solution?

Re: BUG #16043: Duplicate Entry Key Message on postgres

Дата:
> We are currently experiencing a problem with DataSet objects that behave
> differently between Oracle and Postgres.
> When we perform "Next Page" / "Previous Page" repeatedly the application
> crashes with a "Duplicate Entry Key" Message on postgres.

It's impossible for anyone to help you on the basis of so little
information.  Please read

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #16043: Duplicate Entry Key Message on postgres

От
Komal Sookee
Дата:
Hello Tom,

Could you help me out to find out a solution?

What information do you need?

Regards,
Jason

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 17:35, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> We are currently experiencing a problem with DataSet objects that behave
> differently between Oracle and Postgres.
> When we perform "Next Page" / "Previous Page" repeatedly the application
> crashes with a "Duplicate Entry Key" Message on postgres.

It's impossible for anyone to help you on the basis of so little
information.  Please read

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

Komal Sookee, Consultant Spoon Consulting Ltd | office: +230 433 34 77

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message. Spoon Consulting Ltd shall not therefore be liable for the message if modified.

Re: BUG #16043: Duplicate Entry Key Message on postgres

От
Tomas Vondra
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 05:40:14PM +0400, Komal Sookee wrote:
>Hello Tom,
>
>Could you help me out to find out a solution?
>
>What information do you need?

I'd start by reading the wiki page Tom already pointed you to. That's a
pretty extensive summary and it should give you at least some rought
idea what information would be useful ...

In this particular case, you should probably start with an explanation
what environment you're using, what queries are generated by the
DataSet, what exactly "Duplicate Entry Key" means in the context of the
application, and scavenge all the various logs (application, database,
...) for as much additional details as possible.

Considering PostgreSQL does not generate any "Duplicate Entry Key"
errors (there are no such messages in the source code), this very much
seems like an issue in the application and not in the database. So maybe
the first thing you need to do is convincing us this actually is a
database issue.

regards