Обсуждение: Linux Mint - cannot find auto_explain extension

Linux Mint - cannot find auto_explain extension

От
Keith Roberts
Дата:
Hi All,

I'm running Linux Mint 18 Sarah and have installed PostgreSQL 9.5.18 but
cannot load the auto_explain extension.

postgres=# SELECT * from pg_extension;
-[ RECORD 1 ]--+--------
extname        | plpgsql
extowner       | 10
extnamespace   | 11
extrelocatable | f
extversion     | 1.0
extconfig      |
extcondition   |

postgres=# SELECT * from pg_available_extensions;
-[ RECORD 1 ]-----+-----------------------------
name              | plpgsql
default_version   | 1.0
installed_version | 1.0
comment           | PL/pgSQL procedural language

postgres=#
postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION auto_explain;
ERROR:  could not open extension control file
"/usr/share/postgresql/9.5/extension/auto_explain.control": No such file
or directory
postgres=#

Does anyone have any idea what package I need to install to get the
auto_explain extension please?

TIA

Keith Roberts

Re: Linux Mint - cannot find auto_explain extension

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 7:53 PM Keith Roberts <keith@karsites.net> wrote:

> postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION auto_explain;
> ERROR:  could not open extension control file
> "/usr/share/postgresql/9.5/extension/auto_explain.control": No such file
> or directory
> postgres=#
>
> Does anyone have any idea what package I need to install to get the
> auto_explain extension please?

As explained in the documentation
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auto-explain.html)
auto_explain is not an extension but a module.  The rest of the
documentation will show you how to configure and use it, provided that
you have contrib packages installed.