Обсуждение: tableam: inconsistent parameter name

tableam: inconsistent parameter name

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
TableAmRoutine's index_build_range_scan thinks that parameter #8 is
called end_blockno, but table_index_build_range_scan and
heapam_index_build_range_scan and BRIN's summarize_range all agree
that it's the number of blocks to be scanned.  I assume that this got
changed at some point while Andres was hacking on it and this one
place just never got updated.

Proposed patch attached.  Since this seems like a bug, albeit a
harmless one, I propose to commit this to v12.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: tableam: inconsistent parameter name

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2019-06-07 12:37:33 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> TableAmRoutine's index_build_range_scan thinks that parameter #8 is
> called end_blockno, but table_index_build_range_scan and
> heapam_index_build_range_scan and BRIN's summarize_range all agree
> that it's the number of blocks to be scanned.  I assume that this got
> changed at some point while Andres was hacking on it and this one
> place just never got updated.

Not sure where it came from :/

> Proposed patch attached.  Since this seems like a bug, albeit a
> harmless one, I propose to commit this to v12.

Yea, please do!

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: tableam: inconsistent parameter name

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 12:52 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2019-06-07 12:37:33 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > TableAmRoutine's index_build_range_scan thinks that parameter #8 is
> > called end_blockno, but table_index_build_range_scan and
> > heapam_index_build_range_scan and BRIN's summarize_range all agree
> > that it's the number of blocks to be scanned.  I assume that this got
> > changed at some point while Andres was hacking on it and this one
> > place just never got updated.
>
> Not sure where it came from :/
>
> > Proposed patch attached.  Since this seems like a bug, albeit a
> > harmless one, I propose to commit this to v12.
>
> Yea, please do!

I found what appears to be another typo very nearby.  Attached please
find v2, fixing both issues.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: tableam: inconsistent parameter name

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2019-06-07 13:11:21 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I found what appears to be another typo very nearby.  Attached please
> find v2, fixing both issues.

Hm, I thinks that's fixed already?

Re: tableam: inconsistent parameter name

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 1:19 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2019-06-07 13:11:21 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > I found what appears to be another typo very nearby.  Attached please
> > find v2, fixing both issues.
>
> Hm, I thinks that's fixed already?

Oops, you're right.