Обсуждение: dbuser acess privileges

dbuser acess privileges

От
Durgamahesh Manne
Дата:
hi

Respected international pgsql team

pershing=# grant INSERT on public.hyd to ravi;
GRANT
i have granted insert command access to non superuser(ravi)
pershing=> insert into hyd (id,name) values('2','delhi');
INSERT 0 1
here data inserted

pershing=# grant UPDATE on public.hyd to ravi;
GRANT
i have granted update command access to non superuser(ravi)

pershing=> update public.hyd set id = 3 where name = 'hyderabad';
ERROR:  permission denied for relation hyd
please let me know what is the issue with update command

Re: dbuser acess privileges

От
Ron
Дата:
On 4/4/19 5:07 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> hi
> Respected international pgsql team
>
> pershing=# grant INSERT on public.hyd to ravi;
> GRANT
> i have granted insert command access to non superuser(ravi)
> pershing=> insert into hyd (id,name) values('2','delhi');
> INSERT 0 1
> here data inserted
>

> pershing=# grant UPDATE on public.hyd to ravi;
> GRANT
> i have granted update command access to non superuser(ravi)
>
> pershing=> update public.hyd set id = 3 where name = 'hyderabad';
> ERROR:  permission denied for relation hyd
> please let me know what is the issue with update command

Are there any triggers on public.hyd which modify other tables?

Re: dbuser acess privileges

От
Durgamahesh Manne

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 3:55 PM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/4/19 5:07 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> hi
> Respected international pgsql team
>
> pershing=# grant INSERT on public.hyd to ravi;
> GRANT
> i have granted insert command access to non superuser(ravi)
> pershing=> insert into hyd (id,name) values('2','delhi');
> INSERT 0 1
> here data inserted
>

> pershing=# grant UPDATE on public.hyd to ravi;
> GRANT
> i have granted update command access to non superuser(ravi)
>
> pershing=> update public.hyd set id = 3 where name = 'hyderabad';
> ERROR:  permission denied for relation hyd
> please let me know what is the issue with update command

Are there any triggers on public.hyd which modify other tables?

Hi
there are no triggers on public.hyd table

Regards
durgamahesh manne

Re: dbuser acess privileges

От
Durgamahesh Manne

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 4:14 PM Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 3:55 PM Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/4/19 5:07 AM, Durgamahesh Manne wrote:
> hi
> Respected international pgsql team
>
> pershing=# grant INSERT on public.hyd to ravi;
> GRANT
> i have granted insert command access to non superuser(ravi)
> pershing=> insert into hyd (id,name) values('2','delhi');
> INSERT 0 1
> here data inserted
>

> pershing=# grant UPDATE on public.hyd to ravi;
> GRANT
> i have granted update command access to non superuser(ravi)
>
> pershing=> update public.hyd set id = 3 where name = 'hyderabad';
> ERROR:  permission denied for relation hyd
> please let me know what is the issue with update command

Are there any triggers on public.hyd which modify other tables?

Hi
there are no triggers on public.hyd table

Regards
durgamahesh manne

 Hi

i found that there was bug for grant access on update command for non superusers

grant access on update command worked fine on 9.3 version

please i request you to fix grant access bug on update command for nonsupeuser asap in the next pg version 10.8

Regards

durgamahesh manne

RE: dbuser acess privileges

От
Patrick FICHE

If I’m not wrong, UPDATE requires SELECT permission as the UPDATE statement needs to read the data to be updated.

So, you should probably add GRANT SELECT and you get it work.

Regards,

Patrick Fiche

Database Engineer, Aqsacom Sas.

c. 33 6 82 80 69 96

01-03_AQSA_Main_Corporate_Logo_JPEG_White_Low.jpg

pershing=# grant INSERT on public.hyd to ravi;

GRANT

i have granted insert command access to non superuser(ravi)

pershing=> insert into hyd (id,name) values('2','delhi');

INSERT 0 1

here data inserted

pershing=# grant UPDATE on public.hyd to ravi;

GRANT

i have granted update command access to non superuser(ravi)

pershing=> update public.hyd set id = 3 where name = 'hyderabad';

ERROR:  permission denied for relation hyd

please let me know what is the issue with update command

Вложения

Re: dbuser acess privileges

От
Ron
Дата:
You'd think the implicit SELECT perm of that table for the explicit use of UPDATE would be covered by GRANT UPDATE.

[...]

Here is the extract of documentation relative to GRANT UPDATE

UPDATE

Allows UPDATE of any column, or the specific columns listed, of the specified table. (In practice, any nontrivial UPDATE command will require SELECT privilege as well, since it must reference table columns to determine which rows to update, and/or to compute new values for columns.) SELECT ... FOR UPDATE and SELECT ... FOR SHARE also require this privilege on at least one column, in addition to the SELECT privilege. For sequences, this privilege allows the use of the nextval and setval functions. For large objects, this privilege allows writing or truncating the object.

[...]

 Hi  Patrick Fiche  as per your info

Grant access on update command is worked  AFTER I DID EXECUTE THIS   GRANT SELECT ON TABLE(hyd)  for non superuser in 10.6

But

 in 9.3 version    Grant access on update command is worked  EVEN I DID NOT EXECUTE THIS   GRANT SELECT ON TABLE(hyd)  for non superuser

Regards

Durgamahesh Manne

Вложения

Re: dbuser acess privileges

Дата:
Durgamahesh Manne <maheshpostgres9@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 5:55 PM Patrick FICHE <Patrick.Fiche@aqsacom.com>
> wrote:
>> If I’m not wrong, UPDATE requires SELECT permission as the UPDATE
>> statement needs to read the data to be updated.

>  in 9.3 version    Grant access on update command is worked  EVEN I DID NOT
> EXECUTE THIS   GRANT SELECT ON TABLE(hyd)  for non superuser

I don't think so.

regression=# create table t1 (f1 int, f2 int);
CREATE TABLE
regression=# create user joe;
CREATE ROLE
regression=# grant update on table t1 to joe;
GRANT
regression=# \c - joe
You are now connected to database "regression" as user "joe".
regression=> update t1 set f1 = 1;
UPDATE 0
regression=> update t1 set f1 = 1 where f2 = 3;
ERROR:  permission denied for relation t1
regression=> select version();
                                                    version
 PostgreSQL 9.3.25 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-23), 64-bit
(1 row)

It's acted that way for a very very long time.

            regards, tom lane