Обсуждение: Postgresql Duplicate DB

Postgresql Duplicate DB

От
Sathish Kumar
Дата:
Hi All,

I would like to duplicate our existing db on the same server, what will be the faster way to achieve it.

DB size is around 300gb.

RE: Postgresql Duplicate DB

От
Alvaro Aguayo Garcia-Rada

Hi. Not sure if the fastest, but the first that comes up to my mind is using pg_dump and psql. First you create your new database, then you run this(replacing as needed):

pg_dump OLDDB | psql NEWDB

Saludos,

Alvaro Aguayo
Jefe de Operaciones
Open Comb Systems E.I.R.L.

Oficina: (+51-1) 3377813 | Cel.: (+51) 995540103 | RPC: (+51) 954183248
Website: www.ocs.pe

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Sathish Kumar wrote ----

Hi All,

I would like to duplicate our existing db on the same server, what will be the faster way to achieve it.

DB size is around 300gb.

Re: Postgresql Duplicate DB

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
Sathish Kumar wrote:
> I would like to duplicate our existing db on the same server, what will be the faster way to achieve it.

If it is in the same database cluster, you can use

   CREATE DATABASE newdb TEMPLATE olddb;

Make sure nobody is connected to "olddb" when you do that.

If you want to clone a whole database cluster, you can run

   pg_basebackup -D /new/cluster/directory --wal-method=stream

and recover the new cluster with "restore_command = 'true'".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe