Re: Postgresql Duplicate DB

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Postgresql Duplicate DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sathish Kumar wrote:
> I would like to duplicate our existing db on the same server, what will be the faster way to achieve it.

If it is in the same database cluster, you can use

   CREATE DATABASE newdb TEMPLATE olddb;

Make sure nobody is connected to "olddb" when you do that.

If you want to clone a whole database cluster, you can run

   pg_basebackup -D /new/cluster/directory --wal-method=stream

and recover the new cluster with "restore_command = 'true'".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe