Обсуждение: How to find local logical replication origin?

How to find local logical replication origin?

От
Jinhua Luo
Дата:
Hi All,

What's the local logical replication origin, which could be used to
filter local changes in the replication slot?

In other words, I'm curious that what's the default replication
origin? Because normal DML locally does not set any origin explicitly,
correct?

Re: How to find local logical replication origin?

От
Jinhua Luo
Дата:
Could I assume all local originated changes is with InvalidRepOriginId?
Jinhua Luo <luajit.io@gmail.com> 于2018年9月8日周六 下午5:41写道:

> Hi All,
>
> What's the local logical replication origin, which could be used to
> filter local changes in the replication slot?
>
> In other words, I'm curious that what's the default replication
> origin? Because normal DML locally does not set any origin explicitly,
> correct?

Re: How to find local logical replication origin?

От
Jinhua Luo
Дата:
Because I found in the source codes that if not explicitly set (e.g.
via pg_replication_origin_session_setup), the
replorigin_session_origin included in the wal is InvalidRepOriginId,
correct?
Jinhua Luo <luajit.io@gmail.com> 于2018年9月9日周日 下午10:16写道:

> Could I assume all local originated changes is with InvalidRepOriginId?
> Jinhua Luo <luajit.io@gmail.com> 于2018年9月8日周六 下午5:41写道:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > What's the local logical replication origin, which could be used to
> > filter local changes in the replication slot?
> >
> > In other words, I'm curious that what's the default replication
> > origin? Because normal DML locally does not set any origin explicitly,
> > correct?

Re: How to find local logical replication origin?

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 05:41:06PM +0800, Jinhua Luo wrote:
> What's the local logical replication origin, which could be used to
> filter local changes in the replication slot?

You are looking for that perhaps?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/replication-origins.html

After that there is no actual default origin set, hence you would need
to set it explicitely.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: How to find local logical replication origin?

От
Petr Jelinek
Дата:
Hi,

On 10/09/18 05:30, Jinhua Luo wrote:
> Because I found in the source codes that if not explicitly set (e.g.
> via pg_replication_origin_session_setup), the
> replorigin_session_origin included in the wal is InvalidRepOriginId,
> correct?

This is correct, unless explicitly set, it will be InvalidRepOriginId.