Обсуждение: copyManager Implementation :: in postgreSQL community Driver

copyManager Implementation :: in postgreSQL community Driver

От
Yogi S
Дата:
Hi All,
there is a copyManager() implementation in community version JDBC driver.
From what I understand from client end, we provide the file as a fileReader and pass it on to the copyManager() instance.

I see the performance of this copyManager is not comparable to PSQL command line copy. Hence I wanted to know how differently is copyManager is implemented?

does copyManager implement the copy command (in server) for the whole file or, it does convert the file data into batches and implement copy command ?

Regards
Yogi

Re: copyManager Implementation :: in postgreSQL community Driver

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/23/2018 02:11 AM, Yogi S wrote:
> Hi All,
> there is a copyManager() implementation in community version JDBC driver.
>  From what I understand from client end, we provide the file as a
> fileReader and pass it on to the copyManager() instance.
>
> I see the performance of this copyManager is not comparable to PSQL
> command line copy. Hence I wanted to know how differently is copyManager
> is implemented?

Where did you see this?

 From here:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/index.html

it looks like it uses COPY.

> does copyManager implement the copy command (/in server/) for the whole
> file or, it does convert the file data into batches and implement copy
> command ?

 From above link looks like you have your choice of using a Reader or
InputStream and setting a buffer size for each.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com