Re: copyManager Implementation :: in postgreSQL community Driver

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: copyManager Implementation :: in postgreSQL community Driver
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/23/2018 02:11 AM, Yogi S wrote:
> Hi All,
> there is a copyManager() implementation in community version JDBC driver.
>  From what I understand from client end, we provide the file as a
> fileReader and pass it on to the copyManager() instance.
>
> I see the performance of this copyManager is not comparable to PSQL
> command line copy. Hence I wanted to know how differently is copyManager
> is implemented?

Where did you see this?

 From here:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/index.html

it looks like it uses COPY.

> does copyManager implement the copy command (/in server/) for the whole
> file or, it does convert the file data into batches and implement copy
> command ?

 From above link looks like you have your choice of using a Reader or
InputStream and setting a buffer size for each.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Improving pg_dump performance
Сообщение: Re: Improving pg_dump performance