Обсуждение: oracle to postgresql conversion tool

oracle to postgresql conversion tool

От
Marcin Giedz
Дата:
Hi, there are at least 5 tools I found on the PG list but could you recommend well tested, free one ? we need to migrate production 30GB oracle 11 db to postgres 9 and are looking for best approach. Of course if there is no free/open solution any commercial & recommended tool is always welcome.

Thank you
Marcin

Re: oracle to postgresql conversion tool

От
Venkata B Nagothi

Hi, there are at least 5 tools I found on the PG list but could you recommend well tested, free one ? we need to migrate production 30GB oracle 11 db to postgres 9 and are looking for best approach. Of course if there is no free/open solution any commercial & recommended tool is always welcome.

Try using ora2pg which is a quite popular tool and a well tested one.

Regards,

Venkata B N
Database Consultant

Re: oracle to postgresql conversion tool

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hi

Hi, there are at least 5 tools I found on the PG list but could you recommend well tested, free one ? we need to migrate production 30GB oracle 11 db to postgres 9 and are looking for best approach. Of course if there is no free/open solution any commercial & recommended tool is always welcome.

Hard to say, what is the best approach. I used ora2pg on 60GB database with thousands views, thousands procedures without problems. It is not too fast, but just works

Regards

Pavel

Thank you
Marcin

Re: oracle to postgresql conversion tool

От
Pawan Sharma

Hi, there are at least 5 tools I found on the PG list but could you recommend well tested, free one ? we need to migrate production 30GB oracle 11 db to postgres 9 and are looking for best approach. Of course if there is no free/open solution any commercial & recommended tool is always welcome.

Hard to say, what is the best approach. I used ora2pg on 60GB database with thousands views, thousands procedures without problems. It is not too fast, but just works

Regards

Pavel

Thank you
Marcin

Hi Pavel,

You can easily migrate table,view,index's,mview ..etc using any migration tool, but you need to work some how on plsql objects like procedure, trigger, function.etc