Обсуждение: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

[pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi,

PFA patches,
1) To fix the validation issue while creating new sequence
RM#3014

2) Fix PEP-8 issues in sequence module
pycodestyle --config=.pycodestyle ./pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/sequences/

3) To fix the regression test for Tablespace when running with Python3.x
RM#3138

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

От
Joao De Almeida Pereira
Дата:
Hi Murtuza,
Looks good.
Was there any reason for the change in position of the if statements in the sql file. Makes the output more readable?
Looks like we need some test to ensure that the Sequence issue does not happen again. Maybe a Unit Test is good enough, to ensure that we are creating a good SQL

Thanks
Joao

1) To fix the validation issue while creating new sequence
RM#3014

2) Fix PEP-8 issues in sequence module
pycodestyle --config=.pycodestyle ./pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/sequences/

3) To fix the regression test for Tablespace when running with Python3.x
RM#3138

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

От
Dave Page

Was there any reason for the change in position of the if statements in the sql file. Makes the output more readable?
Looks like we need some test to ensure that the Sequence issue does not happen again. Maybe a Unit Test is good enough, to ensure that we are creating a good SQL

I think we need to come up with a framework or standard method for testing the generated SQL and reverse engineered SQL for all objects. That's been bugging me for a while - the problem is that for just a single object type there may be thousands of possible combinations of options to test to ensure complete coverage.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks, applied.

1) To fix the validation issue while creating new sequence
RM#3014

2) Fix PEP-8 issues in sequence module
pycodestyle --config=.pycodestyle ./pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/sequences/

3) To fix the regression test for Tablespace when running with Python3.x
RM#3138

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Joao,

​Thank you for your time in reviewing the patch.​

Was there any reason for the change in position of the if statements in the sql file. Makes the output more readable?
​Yes​

Looks like we need some test to ensure that the Sequence issue does not happen again. Maybe a Unit Test is good enough, to ensure that we are creating a good SQL
​I'll add a test case for the same.​

Thanks
Joao

1) To fix the validation issue while creating new sequence
RM#3014

2) Fix PEP-8 issues in sequence module
pycodestyle --config=.pycodestyle ./pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/sequences/

3) To fix the regression test for Tablespace when running with Python3.x
RM#3138

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3014] Fix validation issues while creating new sequence

От
Murtuza Zabuawala
Дата:
Hi Dave,

PFA patch to add test case to cover the scenario against RM#3014

[...]

Дата:
Thanks, applied.