Обсуждение: Script to find out 'Page Corruption' and 'Fragmentation' inPostgreSQL.

Script to find out 'Page Corruption' and 'Fragmentation' inPostgreSQL.

От
pavan95
Дата:
Hi all,

I am looking for a script and its explanation of how to calculate *page
corruption* and* fragmentation* of a relation in PostgreSQL.

Looked many blogs, but unable to find the one.  Unable to understand the
concept of  database checksums part in Page Corruption and Fragmentation.

Looking forward for your valuable suggestions. Help me to find these across
the relations of Postgresql database. Thanks in Advance.

regards,
Pavan

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-admin-f2076596.html

Re: Script to find out 'Page Corruption' and 'Fragmentation' inPostgreSQL.

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* pavan95 (pavan.postgresdba@gmail.com) wrote:
> I am looking for a script and its explanation of how to calculate *page
> corruption* and* fragmentation* of a relation in PostgreSQL.

When it comes to fragmentation, you might look at pg_freespacemap.  If
you'd like a tool which checks all of the page-level checksums (assuming
you have them enabled..), then you might look at pgBackRest which
verifies the page-level checksums during backups.  You could do a
partial check with pg_dump but that will generally only look at heap
pages and not index pages.

There can be other corruption in a page, of course, and between the heap
and indexes- you might consider looking at amcheck to see about checking

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения