Обсуждение: relispartition for index partitions

relispartition for index partitions

От
Amit Langote
Дата:
Hi.

I noticed that relispartition isn't set for index's partitions.

create table p (a int) partition by list (a);
create table p12 partition of p for values in (1, 2);
create index on p (a);
select relname, relkind from pg_class where relnamespace =
'public'::regnamespace and relispartition is true;
 relname | relkind
---------+---------
 p12     | r
(1 row)

Is that intentional?

Thanks,
Amit

Re: relispartition for index partitions

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2018-01-26 18:57:03 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> I noticed that relispartition isn't set for index's partitions.
>
> create table p (a int) partition by list (a);
> create table p12 partition of p for values in (1, 2);
> create index on p (a);
> select relname, relkind from pg_class where relnamespace =
> 'public'::regnamespace and relispartition is true;
>  relname | relkind
> ---------+---------
>  p12     | r
> (1 row)
>
> Is that intentional?

This appears to be a question about
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=8b08f7d4820fd7a8ef6152a9dd8c6e3cb01e5f99
et al.  Could you look into it?  It's been an open item for quite a
while.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: relispartition for index partitions

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Hello

Andres Freund wrote:

> On 2018-01-26 18:57:03 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> > I noticed that relispartition isn't set for index's partitions.

> > Is that intentional?
>
> This appears to be a question about
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=8b08f7d4820fd7a8ef6152a9dd8c6e3cb01e5f99
> et al.  Could you look into it?  It's been an open item for quite a
> while.

Sure.  I'll get this done this week.

Re: relispartition for index partitions

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Amit Langote wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I noticed that relispartition isn't set for index's partitions.

This patch should fix it.

Re: relispartition for index partitions

От
Amit Langote
Дата:
On 2018/04/12 5:33, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Amit Langote wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I noticed that relispartition isn't set for index's partitions.
>
> This patch should fix it.

Thanks.  I saw your commit 9e9befac4a22 and changes seem fine.

Regards,
Amit