Обсуждение: [ADMIN] Partitioning & ORM apps

[ADMIN] Partitioning & ORM apps

От
PropAAS DBA
Дата:
Hi All;

we want to deploy partitioning for historical data archiving &
performance however the app uses an ORM and depends on the number of
rows affected from the inserts, updates & deletes which of course always
come back as zero rows for the partition base or master table.

We talked about letting daily data go into the base table and 'moving'
it nightly but this could still lead to an update/delete for rown in the
child tables, thus the same issue remains.

Anyone know of a workaround? Maybe it can be done with
insert/update/delete trigger functions?

Thanks in advance

Re: [ADMIN] Partitioning & ORM apps

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello

> Hi All;
>

> we want to deploy partitioning for historical data archiving & performance however the app uses an ORM and depends on the number of rows affected from the inserts, updates & deletes which of course always come back as zero rows for the partition base or master table.
>
> We talked about letting daily data go into the base table and 'moving' it nightly but this could still lead to an update/delete for rown in the child tables, thus the same issue remains.
>

> Anyone know of a workaround? Maybe it can be done with insert/update/delete trigger functions?

Hi,

Maybe this post [1] can help you.

Regards,

[1] http://www.technology-ebay.de/the-teams/mobile-de/blog/postgresql-table-partitioning-hibernate.html

--
   Fabrízio de Royes Mello         Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: [ADMIN] Partitioning & ORM apps

От
Keith
Дата:
If this is a requirement for your application, I would highly recommend looking into migrating to PostgreSQL 10. The native partitioning methods allow the RETURNING statements to work as you're expecting. There are work-arounds for it out there for 9.6 and earlier, but for the life of your project you would likely be better off getting upgraded to 10 now and starting your development from there.