Обсуждение: [REQUEST] Change Windows standard distribution to Visual Studio 2015 for PostgreSQL 10 and later

[REQUEST] Change Windows standard distribution to Visual Studio 2015 for PostgreSQL 10 and later

От
"Hans Buschmann"

I use Postgres on Windows 64 bit (8.1,10,WS2012R2,WS2016) for quite a while.
I always install and upgrade from the ZIP binary distribution from enterpriseDB which works like a charm.

In a recent fresh install I noticed that PostgreSQL 9.6.2 (older versions not tested anymore) requires Visual C++ 2013 Runtime library to be installed.

It seems all binaries are linked against msvcr120.dll (verified with ProcExplorer of Sysinternals).

I propose to switch to Visual Studio 2015 for the next distribution:

- no more install of > 5 years old runtime library
- seems to need no extra runtime library on newer systems (there is no msvcr140.dll after installation of VCR 2015)
- when needed, VC Runtime Library 2015 is the same requirement as for recent Apache 2.4.xx versions
- VS2015 build is already member of the build farm
- I could easyly test the beta on recent Windows 64 OSs

BTW, nowhere in the current documentation is mentioned the requirement of the VC++ runtime library installation.

Thanks in advance

Hans Buschmann

Re: [REQUEST] Change Windows standard distribution toVisual Studio 2015 for PostgreSQL 10 and later

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 03/28/2017 06:46 AM, Hans Buschmann wrote:

> I use Postgres on Windows 64 bit (8.1,10,WS2012R2,WS2016) for quite a while.
> I always install and upgrade from the ZIP binary distribution from
> enterpriseDB which works like a charm.
>
> In a recent fresh install I noticed that PostgreSQL 9.6.2 (older
> versions not tested anymore) requires Visual C++ 2013 Runtime library to
> be installed.
>
> It seems all binaries are linked against msvcr120.dll (verified with
> ProcExplorer of Sysinternals).
>
> I propose to switch to Visual Studio 2015 for the next distribution:

This will need to be taken up with EnterpriseDB as they do the
packaging. I would suggest:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/general-inquiry-form

or their forums if you can find them:) There seems to have been redesign
of their Web site and I don't know where the forums went to.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com