Обсуждение: [HACKERS] Conversion error

[HACKERS] Conversion error

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
I saw this while restoring 9.6 database to 10.0 database.

\connect: FATAL:  conversion between UTF8 and MULE_INTERNAL is not supported

Is this expected? I saw nothing releated to this in the release notes.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: [HACKERS] Conversion error

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> I saw this while restoring 9.6 database to 10.0 database.
>
> \connect: FATAL:  conversion between UTF8 and MULE_INTERNAL is not supported
>
> Is this expected? I saw nothing releated to this in the release notes.

This had been allowed in 9.6. So I think 10.0 silently drops the feature.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: [HACKERS] Conversion error

Дата:
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> I saw this while restoring 9.6 database to 10.0 database.
> \connect: FATAL:  conversion between UTF8 and MULE_INTERNAL is not supported
> Is this expected? I saw nothing releated to this in the release notes.

Don't think that's ever been supported.

Re: [HACKERS] Conversion error

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>> I saw this while restoring 9.6 database to 10.0 database.
>> \connect: FATAL:  conversion between UTF8 and MULE_INTERNAL is not supported
>> Is this expected? I saw nothing releated to this in the release notes.
>
> Don't think that's ever been supported.

Sorry, that was my misunderstanding. All versions of PostgreSQL allow
to create MULE_INTERNAL database while executing restore, but after
that it fails while loading rows into the mule internal database. So,
if there's no table in the database, the restore succeeds. That's why
I got wrong expressions.

Best regards,