Re: [HACKERS] Conversion error

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Conversion error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>> I saw this while restoring 9.6 database to 10.0 database.
>> \connect: FATAL:  conversion between UTF8 and MULE_INTERNAL is not supported
>> Is this expected? I saw nothing releated to this in the release notes.
>
> Don't think that's ever been supported.

Sorry, that was my misunderstanding. All versions of PostgreSQL allow
to create MULE_INTERNAL database while executing restore, but after
that it fails while loading rows into the mule internal database. So,
if there's no table in the database, the restore succeeds. That's why
I got wrong expressions.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii