Обсуждение: [HACKERS] Fwd: Have a problem with citext

[HACKERS] Fwd: Have a problem with citext

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
Hackers,

Are permissions correct in the citext extension?

Best,

David

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sadek Touati <bilal2dellys@hotmail.com>
Subject: Have a problem with citext
Date: September 29, 2017 at 17:02:50 EDT

Dear sir,
I'm using the citext datatype in my application. I have PostgresSql 9.6 installed by EnterpriseDB

psql mydatabase postgres
create extension citext with schema myschema

\c mydatabase biguser

set search_path to myschema;

create table tst(v citext);
insert into tst values('sadek');

> select strpos(v, 'd') from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v, 'd'::citext) from tst; (If I read the documentation correctly this should work! alas, it doesn't)
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::citext, 'd'::citext) from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::citext, 'd') from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::citext, 'd'::citext) from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::text, 'd'::text) from tst;
 strpos
--------
      3
(1 row)

Am I missing something here?

thanks in advance

Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Have a problem with citext

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:16 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> Are permissions correct in the citext extension?

Not to be picky, but couldn't you investigate that a bit before posting here?

Off-hand, I see no GRANT or REVOKE statements in any of the citext SQL
files, so I'm going to guess that this is an artifact of some general
PostgreSQL behavior rather than anything specific to citext.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Have a problem with citext

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Oct 1, 2017, at 20:22, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Are permissions correct in the citext extension?
>
> Not to be picky, but couldn't you investigate that a bit before posting here?

Normally I would, but my attention is far from Postgres these days, sadly, and I tend to think of citext (IT’S NOT
SPELLED“CUTEST”, SIRI!) as part of the core, now, and I have forgotten more than I think I ever knew about it. Sorry.