[HACKERS] Fwd: Have a problem with citext

От David E. Wheeler
Тема [HACKERS] Fwd: Have a problem with citext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

Are permissions correct in the citext extension?

Best,

David

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sadek Touati <bilal2dellys@hotmail.com>
Subject: Have a problem with citext
Date: September 29, 2017 at 17:02:50 EDT

Dear sir,
I'm using the citext datatype in my application. I have PostgresSql 9.6 installed by EnterpriseDB

psql mydatabase postgres
create extension citext with schema myschema

\c mydatabase biguser

set search_path to myschema;

create table tst(v citext);
insert into tst values('sadek');

> select strpos(v, 'd') from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v, 'd'::citext) from tst; (If I read the documentation correctly this should work! alas, it doesn't)
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::citext, 'd'::citext) from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::citext, 'd') from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::citext, 'd'::citext) from tst;
ERROR:  permission denied for function strpos

> select strpos(v::text, 'd'::text) from tst;
 strpos
--------
      3
(1 row)

Am I missing something here?

thanks in advance

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SendRowDescriptionMessage() is slow for queries with a lot of columns
От: Fabien COELHO
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - minor fix for meta command only scripts