Обсуждение: [DOCS] Syntax for changing owner on sequence is not correct

[DOCS] Syntax for changing owner on sequence is not correct

От
tarik.dolovac.sa@gmail.com
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-altersequence.html

Per documentation owner changing should use
owner to
this syntax doesn't work al 9.5 version
owned by
is working please correct because I spent over 3 hour until I figure out
what is the problem

Re: [DOCS] Syntax for changing owner on sequence is not correct

От
Peter Eisentraut
> Per documentation owner changing should use
> owner to
> this syntax doesn't work al 9.5 version
> owned by
> is working please correct because I spent over 3 hour until I figure out
> what is the problem

Are you saying that ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNER TO doesn't work?  It
appears to work for everyone else.

Re: [DOCS] Syntax for changing owner on sequence is not correct

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 8/9/17 05:35, tarik.dolovac.sa@gmail.com wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-altersequence.html
>
> Per documentation owner changing should use
> owner to
> this syntax doesn&#39;t work al 9.5 version
> owned by
> is working please correct because I spent over 3 hour until I figure out
> what is the problem

Are you saying that ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNER TO doesn't work?  It
appears to work for everyone else.

​Sequences can have two owners - a role and, ​optionally, a table.column.

The name following "OWNED BY" is a table.column (NONE to clear).
The name following "OWNER TO" is a role (mandatory).

David J.

Re: [DOCS] Syntax for changing owner on sequence is not correct

От
Tarik Dolovac
Дата:
I am just telling you that in your officiall documentation i didn't find that command. I founded oj stack owerflow and when i changed command I succesfully changed owner. Also one more hit: documentation will be much better with examples. I am DBA for a 7 years on ms sql and oracle and they have examples which can make life more easily if you are starting with some new tehnologies like postgres.

Kind regards,
Tarik Dolovac

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Aug 2017, at 16:04, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 8/9/17 05:35, tarik.dolovac.sa@gmail.com wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-altersequence.html
>
> Per documentation owner changing should use
> owner to
> this syntax doesn&#39;t work al 9.5 version
> owned by
> is working please correct because I spent over 3 hour until I figure out
> what is the problem

Are you saying that ALTER SEQUENCE ... OWNER TO doesn't work?  It
appears to work for everyone else.

​Sequences can have two owners - a role and, ​optionally, a table.column.

The name following "OWNED BY" is a table.column (NONE to clear).
The name following "OWNER TO" is a role (mandatory).

David J.

Re: [DOCS] Syntax for changing owner on sequence is not correct

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата: