Обсуждение: [SQL] created database but access is not copied ? any suggestions

[SQL] created database but access is not copied ? any suggestions

От
srilinux
Дата:
Hi All

I have created the below standby database using the below command

CREATE DATABASE standby OWNER admin TABLESPACE assembly;

this worked but the assembly database has privileges which are not copied to
standby server , is there any thing that need to be added in the create
syntax or do after the standby db is created ?

Below is the list , how to grant access privileges

postgres=# \list                                 List of databases  Name    |  Owner   | Encoding |   Collate   |
Ctype   |   Access

privileg
es
-----------+----------+----------+-------------+-------------+------------------
-----postgres  | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |

*standby   |     admin  | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |*

*assembly | admin  | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =Tc/admin   +          |          |          |
|            | admin=CTc/adm

in*

template0 | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres   +          |          |          |
  |             |

postgres=CTc/post
grestemplate1 | postgres | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 | =c/postgres   +          |          |          |
      |             |

postgres=CTc/post
gres
(5 rows)

Re: [SQL] created database but access is not copied ? any suggestions

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
I have created the below standby database using the below command

CREATE DATABASE standby OWNER admin TABLESPACE assembly;

this worked but the assembly database has privileges which are not copied to
standby server , is there any thing that need to be added in the create
syntax or do after the standby db is created ?

The tablespace named assembly and the database named assembly are not the same thing.

David J.

Re: [SQL] created database but access is not copied ? any suggestions

От
srilinux
Дата:
Hi There

my requirement is to make an exact copy of the database assembly for testing
purpose.

the standby created is functioning well and I am under impression I achieved
what I need to

is there some thing that is not right?

Re: [SQL] created database but access is not copied ? any suggestions

От
"David G. Johnston"

my requirement is to make an exact copy of the database assembly for testing
purpose.

the standby created is functioning well and I am under impression I achieved
what I need to

is there some thing that is not right?

Did you maybe mean to write "template" instead of "tablespace"?

David J.

Re: [SQL] created database but access is not copied ? anysuggestions

От
srilinux
Дата:
Yes original command used is template instead of table space

my requirement is to make an exact copy of the database assembly for testing
purpose.

the standby created is functioning well and I am under impression I achieved
what I need to

is there some thing that is not right?

Did you maybe mean to write "template" instead of "tablespace"?

David J.

http://www.postgresql-archive.org/created-database-but-access-is-not-copied-any-suggestions-tp5973259p5973303.html
To unsubscribe from created database but access is not copied ? any suggestions, click here.
NAML