Обсуждение: [HACKERS] Shortened URLs for commit messages

[HACKERS] Shortened URLs for commit messages

Дата:
I have written the following sed script to convert regular Postgres
email message URLs to their shorter form for commit messages:
sed 's;http\(s\?\)://www\.postgresql\.org/message-id/;http\1://postgr.es/m/;gi'

in case this is helpful to anyone.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: [HACKERS] Shortened URLs for commit messages

Дата:
On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:25:07PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have written the following sed script to convert regular Postgres
> email message URLs to their shorter form for commit messages:
>
>  sed 's;http\(s\?\)://www\.postgresql\.org/message-id/;http\1://postgr.es/m/;gi'
>
> in case this is helpful to anyone.

Oh, here's another one.  I use an optional "Discussion:" tag in my
commit messages. This sed script converts a message-id into a proper

For example:
-Discussion: 87wp8o506b.fsf@seb.koffice.internal+Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/87wp8o506b.fsf@seb.koffice.internal

Yeah!

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: [HACKERS] Shortened URLs for commit messages

Дата:
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 01:05:19PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 11:25:07PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have written the following sed script to convert regular Postgres
> > email message URLs to their shorter form for commit messages:
> >
> >  sed 's;http\(s\?\)://www\.postgresql\.org/message-id/;http\1://postgr.es/m/;gi'
> >
> > in case this is helpful to anyone.
>
> Oh, here's another one.  I use an optional "Discussion:" tag in my
> commit messages. This sed script converts a message-id into a proper
>     sed '/http/!s;^\(Discussion: *\)\(.*\)$;\1https://postgr.es/m/\2;'

Oh, here is a fixed version that requires an @ sign, which all message
id's have:
sed '/http/!s;^\(Discussion: *\)\(.*@.*\)$;\1https://postgr.es/m/\2;'

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: [HACKERS] Shortened URLs for commit messages

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oh, here is a fixed version that requires an @ sign, which all message
> id's have:
>
>     sed '/http/!s;^\(Discussion: *\)\(.*@.*\)$;\1https://postgr.es/m/\2;'

So how do you actually use this?

Re: [HACKERS] Shortened URLs for commit messages

Дата:
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 11:11:57AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Oh, here is a fixed version that requires an @ sign, which all message
> > id's have:
> >
> >     sed '/http/!s;^\(Discussion: *\)\(.*@.*\)$;\1https://postgr.es/m/\2;'
>
> So how do you actually use this?

My commit script is here:
https://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/src/pgcommit

It basically runs some checks and then creates a temp file with lines
labeled by their purpose.  It edits the temp file, then runs the temp
file through a number of filters, and one of those does the URL
shortening via pgurl at:
https://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/src/pgurl

It also changes bare message-ids on the 'Discussion' line to shorted
URLs too.  It also removes empty labeled lines, and exits if nothing has
been changed in the editor.  It then does the commit (potentially to
multiple branches), and then the push.

The script calls many of other custom scripts but you can get an idea
how it works.  I am happy to supply more tools as desired.

http://enterprisedb.com