Обсуждение: [GENERAL] The same query is too slow in some time of execution

[GENERAL] The same query is too slow in some time of execution

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
Hi folks!

I've a query with a join of two tables. One table have a 5 millions rows and
child table have a 17 millions rows. The query is executed many times in
application, every 20 seconds aproximately.

The query normally execute in 2-3 seconds but in some time without apparent
pattern the query is hang to 4-6 minutes is too slow to normally
performance.

I've configured 2 things:

1. Each table have indexes. First table have 11 index and second table have
7

2. I configured the VACUUM and ANALYZE run after 20,000 rows inserted.

But apparantly the problem continues

Best Regards!
DRakoROd

-----
Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
Rozvo Ware Solutions

Re: [GENERAL] The same query is too slow in some time of execution

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 03/21/2017 04:27 PM, DrakoRod wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I've a query with a join of two tables. One table have a 5 millions rows and
> child table have a 17 millions rows. The query is executed many times in
> application, every 20 seconds aproximately.
>
> The query normally execute in 2-3 seconds but in some time without apparent
> pattern the query is hang to 4-6 minutes is too slow to normally
> performance.
>
> I've configured 2 things:
>
> 1. Each table have indexes. First table have 11 index and second table have
> 7
>
> 2. I configured the VACUUM and ANALYZE run after 20,000 rows inserted.
>
> But apparantly the problem continues

Well without seeing the query, the EXPLAIN ANALYZE of the query, the
table schema(including indexes), the Postgres version, Postgres log info
from the 'problem' times, system resource values and so on, there is
really no way to answer this.

For a longer version of the above see:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

> Best Regards!
> DRakoROd
>

> -----
> Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
> Rozvo Ware Solutions

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: The same query is too slow in some time of execution

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
You're right, I'm sorry.

At the moment, we review the schema for tables and indexes and decided
redesigned. I detected a loop in the join, because we only have a integer
sequencial like PK  and no composite keys in the tables. I think that is the
mainly problem.

Thanks!

-----