Обсуждение: [GENERAL] PG on SSD

[GENERAL] PG on SSD

От
scott ribe
Дата:
Is it reasonable to run PG on a mirrored pair of something like the Intel SSD DC 3610 series? (For example:
http://ark.intel.com/products/82935/Intel-SSD-DC-S3610-Series-480GB-2_5in-SATA-6Gbs-20nm-MLC) I'd *hope* that anything
Intelclassifies as a "Data Center SSD" would be reasonably reliable, have actually-working power loss protection etc,
butis that the case?

Re: [GENERAL] PG on SSD

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM, scott ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> wrote:
> Is it reasonable to run PG on a mirrored pair of something like the Intel SSD DC 3610 series? (For example:
> http://ark.intel.com/products/82935/Intel-SSD-DC-S3610-Series-480GB-2_5in-SATA-6Gbs-20nm-MLC) I'd *hope* that
anythingIntel classifies as a "Data Center SSD" would be reasonably reliable, have actually-working power loss
protectionetc, but is that the case?

From the spec sheet they certainly seem to be safe against power loss.
I'd still test by pulling the power cables while running benchmarks to
be sure.

I've used the other Intel enterprise class ssds with good results on
the power plug pull tests.

Re: [GENERAL] PG on SSD

От
Achilleas Mantzios
Дата:
On 03/03/2017 01:31, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM, scott ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> wrote:
>> Is it reasonable to run PG on a mirrored pair of something like the Intel SSD DC 3610 series? (For example:
>> http://ark.intel.com/products/82935/Intel-SSD-DC-S3610-Series-480GB-2_5in-SATA-6Gbs-20nm-MLC) I'd *hope* that
anythingIntel classifies as a "Data Center SSD" would be reasonably reliable, have actually-working power loss
protectionetc, but is that the case?

>  From the spec sheet they certainly seem to be safe against power loss.
> I'd still test by pulling the power cables while running benchmarks to
> be sure.
>
> I've used the other Intel enterprise class ssds with good results on
> the power plug pull tests.

+ Intel not only markets this as "Data Center SSD", moreover this seems to be in the respective high-end range within
"DataCenter SSDs".

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead