Re: [GENERAL] PG on SSD

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PG on SSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM, scott ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> wrote:
> Is it reasonable to run PG on a mirrored pair of something like the Intel SSD DC 3610 series? (For example:
> http://ark.intel.com/products/82935/Intel-SSD-DC-S3610-Series-480GB-2_5in-SATA-6Gbs-20nm-MLC) I'd *hope* that
anythingIntel classifies as a "Data Center SSD" would be reasonably reliable, have actually-working power loss
protectionetc, but is that the case?

From the spec sheet they certainly seem to be safe against power loss.
I'd still test by pulling the power cables while running benchmarks to
be sure.

I've used the other Intel enterprise class ssds with good results on
the power plug pull tests.

От: Zach Walton
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Understanding pg_last_xlog_receive_location
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 9.x table/index stats reset timestamp