Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Making changes to PostgreSQL's configure logic so as to have contribmodules installed in a specific directory and make them use PGXS?

I want to configure my PostgreSQL installation in such a manner such that the contrib modules of the PostgreSQL distribution are stored in a specific directory and they should use the PGXS extensions management system supported by Postgres, as they are currently packaged along with Postgres and follow a specific directory structure they are installed along with Postgres but I don't want that. I want all those contrib module extensions to use a separate pg_config and hence want their makefiles to use PGXS. How do I go about doing that.

Thanks
On 01/31/2017 03:04 PM, postgres user wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to configure my PostgreSQL installation in such a manner such
> that the contrib modules of the PostgreSQL distribution are stored in a
> specific directory and they should use the PGXS extensions management
> system supported by Postgres, as they are currently packaged along with
> Postgres and follow a specific directory structure they are installed
> along with Postgres but I don't want that. I want all those contrib
> module extensions to use a separate pg_config and hence want their
> makefiles to use PGXS. How do I go about doing that.

Not sure, though some more information would help:

1) Am I right in assuming you are building everything from source?

2) If not what is your install procedure?

3) When you say all the contrib modules do really mean all or all in
some list?

4) Where is the directory you want them to be installed in located?

5) What OS are you using?

6) Have you looked at an OS packaging systems to do this?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Probably your best best is to install normally, then move the contribs to a directory of your choice
and make a symbolic link from the old directory. That way it should work with both PostgreSQL
and PGXS.

[...]

Melvin Davidson

postgres user <postgresuser1989@gmail.com> writes:
> I want to configure my PostgreSQL installation in such a manner such that
> the contrib modules of the PostgreSQL distribution are stored in a specific
> directory and they should use the PGXS extensions management system
> supported by Postgres, as they are currently packaged along with Postgres
> and follow a specific directory structure they are installed along with
> Postgres but I don't want that. I want all those contrib module extensions
> to use a separate pg_config and hence want their makefiles to use PGXS. How
> do I go about doing that.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?  Why do you think it's a
good idea for your extensions to not use the base system's configuration?
It's very easy to construct examples in which such an extension build
would flat out not work with the base system, so your requirement really
has to be that the extension deviate in just limited ways from the base
--- but you've not said in just what ways you want it to deviate.

            regards, tom lane