Re: [GENERAL] Making changes to PostgreSQL's configure logic so as tohave contrib modules installed in a specific directory and make them usePGXS?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Making changes to PostgreSQL's configure logic so as tohave contrib modules installed in a specific directory and make them usePGXS?
Дата
Ответ на [GENERAL] Making changes to PostgreSQL's configure logic so as to have contribmodules installed in a specific directory and make them use PGXS?  (postgres user <postgresuser1989@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [GENERAL] Making changes to PostgreSQL's configure logic so as tohave contrib modules installed in a specific directory and make them use PGXS?  (Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 01/31/2017 03:04 PM, postgres user wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to configure my PostgreSQL installation in such a manner such
> that the contrib modules of the PostgreSQL distribution are stored in a
> specific directory and they should use the PGXS extensions management
> system supported by Postgres, as they are currently packaged along with
> Postgres and follow a specific directory structure they are installed
> along with Postgres but I don't want that. I want all those contrib
> module extensions to use a separate pg_config and hence want their
> makefiles to use PGXS. How do I go about doing that.

Not sure, though some more information would help:

1) Am I right in assuming you are building everything from source?

2) If not what is your install procedure?

3) When you say all the contrib modules do really mean all or all in
some list?

4) Where is the directory you want them to be installed in located?

5) What OS are you using?

6) Have you looked at an OS packaging systems to do this?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com