Обсуждение: [GENERAL] Building PL/Perl procedural language without --with-perl configure flag

[GENERAL] Building PL/Perl procedural language without --with-perl configure flag

От
postgres user
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to build PL/Perl procedural language to my PostgreSQL server installation but I want to do it without passing --with-perl flag to the configure script of PostgreSQL. It would also help if someone can explain the meaning of --with-perl flag in a detailed fashion altogether as it might help me determine the actual process of installing PL/Perl. There are two parts to the question however how do I get the source of PL/Perl firstly and how do I build it against an already built version of PostgreSQL as in when I have the (bin, lib, share) for PostgreSQL and what all pre-requisites are needed to install PL/Perl in the first place?

Thanks

Re: [GENERAL] Building PL/Perl procedural language without--with-perl configure flag

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 1/15/2017 1:15 AM, postgres user wrote:
> I am trying to build PL/Perl procedural language to my PostgreSQL
> server installation but I want to do it without passing --with-perl
> flag to the configure script of PostgreSQL. It would also help if
> someone can explain the meaning of --with-perl flag in a detailed
> fashion altogether as it might help me determine the actual process of
> installing PL/Perl. There are two parts to the question however how do
> I get the source of PL/Perl firstly and how do I build it against an
> already built version of PostgreSQL as in when I have the (bin, lib,
> share) for PostgreSQL and what all pre-requisites are needed to
> install PL/Perl in the first place?

how was this postgres 'already built' edition installed?

the source to plperl is built into postgres, if perl is in your path,
--with-perl should figure out where the libraries it needs are.

Re: [GENERAL] Building PL/Perl procedural language without --with-perl configure flag

Дата:
postgres user <postgresuser1989@gmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to build PL/Perl procedural language to my PostgreSQL server
> installation but I want to do it without passing --with-perl flag to the
> configure script of PostgreSQL.

Why?

If you don't want to overwrite your existing installation, I'd suggest
reconfigure with --with-perl (and all else the same as before), build,
then cd to src/pl/plperl and do "make install" only in that subdirectory.

            regards, tom lane