Обсуждение: [GENERAL] could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": in pg_upgrade process

[GENERAL] could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": in pg_upgrade process

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
Hi folks!

I'm try to upgrade version from 9.3.5 to 9.6.1, but in the 9.3.5 I installed
the sslutils to monitoring server with a agent, but now when I want upgrade
show this error pg_upgrade:

/Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal

Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
    loadable_libraries.txt/

with a cat in loadable_libraries.txt show this:

/could not load library "$libdir/sslutils":
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/sslutils": No such file or directory
/

I installed in the new version 9.6.1 the same sslutil's version and process
that 9.3.5 and show this error:

/Consult the last few lines of "pg_upgrade_dump_68706.log" for
the probable cause of the failure.
Failure, exiting
"/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/bin/pg_ctl" -w -D "/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/data" -o "" -m
fast stop >> "pg_upgrade_server.log" 2>&1
[postgres@server ~]$ tailf pg_upgrade_dump_68706.log
pg_restore: creating COMMENT "public.FUNCTION
"openssl_rsa_generate_key"(integer)"
pg_restore: creating FUNCTION "public.openssl_rsa_key_to_csr("text", "text",
"text", "text", "text", "text", "text")"
pg_restore: creating COMMENT "public.FUNCTION
"openssl_rsa_key_to_csr"("text", "text", "text", "text", "text", "text",
"text")"
pg_restore: creating FUNCTION "public.sslutils_version()"
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 608; 1255 71731 FUNCTION
sslutils_version() pem
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could not find
function "sslutils_version" in file
"/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/lib/postgresql/sslutils.so"
    Command was: CREATE FUNCTION "sslutils_version"() RETURNS "text"
    LANGUAGE "c" IMMUTABLE
    AS '$libdir/sslutils', 'sslutils_version'...
/

Then, I try uninstall the sslutils in the old cluster and recreate new
cluster clean of 9.6.1, but show the same error:

/could not load library "$libdir/sslutils":
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/sslutils": No such file or directory
/

I restarted SO, unseted enviroment variables, but the same error.
Any Suggestions?

Best Regards.

DrakoRod

-----
Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
Rozvo Ware Solutions

Re: [GENERAL] could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": inpg_upgrade process

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/03/2017 04:39 PM, DrakoRod wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> I'm try to upgrade version from 9.3.5 to 9.6.1, but in the 9.3.5 I installed
> the sslutils to monitoring server with a agent, but now when I want upgrade
> show this error pg_upgrade:

 From what I gather sslutils is a EDB extension for their Advanced
Server, is that correct?

Are you doing this with an EDB install?

> /Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal
>
> Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
> new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
> or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
> problem libraries is in the file:
>     loadable_libraries.txt/
>
> with a cat in loadable_libraries.txt show this:
>
> /could not load library "$libdir/sslutils":
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/sslutils": No such file or directory
> /
>
> I installed in the new version 9.6.1 the same sslutil's version and process
> that 9.3.5 and show this error:
>
> /Consult the last few lines of "pg_upgrade_dump_68706.log" for
> the probable cause of the failure.
> Failure, exiting
> "/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/bin/pg_ctl" -w -D "/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/data" -o "" -m
> fast stop >> "pg_upgrade_server.log" 2>&1
> [postgres@server ~]$ tailf pg_upgrade_dump_68706.log
> pg_restore: creating COMMENT "public.FUNCTION
> "openssl_rsa_generate_key"(integer)"
> pg_restore: creating FUNCTION "public.openssl_rsa_key_to_csr("text", "text",
> "text", "text", "text", "text", "text")"
> pg_restore: creating COMMENT "public.FUNCTION
> "openssl_rsa_key_to_csr"("text", "text", "text", "text", "text", "text",
> "text")"
> pg_restore: creating FUNCTION "public.sslutils_version()"
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 608; 1255 71731 FUNCTION
> sslutils_version() pem
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could not find
> function "sslutils_version" in file
> "/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/lib/postgresql/sslutils.so"
>     Command was: CREATE FUNCTION "sslutils_version"() RETURNS "text"
>     LANGUAGE "c" IMMUTABLE
>     AS '$libdir/sslutils', 'sslutils_version'...
> /
>
> Then, I try uninstall the sslutils in the old cluster and recreate new
> cluster clean of 9.6.1, but show the same error:
>
> /could not load library "$libdir/sslutils":
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/sslutils": No such file or directory
> /
>
> I restarted SO, unseted enviroment variables, but the same error.
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Best Regards.
>
> DrakoRod
>

> -----
> Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
> Rozvo Ware Solutions

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

[GENERAL] Re: could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": in pg_upgradeprocess

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
Yes I installed Postgres Enterprise Manager Agent time ago in this server to
test agent, but now I don't use it.

Amm if you refer the EDB install with binaries PostgreSQL one-click yes, but
is not a EDB Advanced Server , is a normal Cluster installed by EDB
binaries.

-----
Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
Rozvo Ware Solutions

Re: [GENERAL] Re: could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": in pg_upgrade process

Дата:
DrakoRod <drakoflames@hotmail.com> writes:
> Yes I installed Postgres Enterprise Manager Agent time ago in this server to
> test agent, but now I don't use it.

Removing the sslutils extension from the old cluster might be an easy
solution, then.

It sounds like someone messed up the upgrade path for sslutils, but
that's not terribly helpful information for you.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [GENERAL] Re: could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": inpg_upgrade process

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/03/2017 09:01 PM, DrakoRod wrote:
> Yes I installed Postgres Enterprise Manager Agent time ago in this server to
> test agent, but now I don't use it.
>
> Amm if you refer the EDB install with binaries PostgreSQL one-click yes, but
> is not a EDB Advanced Server , is a normal Cluster installed by EDB
> binaries.

Best guess is you are dealing with an apples and oranges situation,
where you changed the environment and the extension is looking for
something that is not there. See Tom's answer. Just out of curiosity,
where do you get the extension from?

> -----
> Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
> Rozvo Ware Solutions

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

[GENERAL] Re: could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": in pg_upgradeprocess

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
Teorycally, I removed the sslutils from old cluster when review the $libdir
appear this:

/[postgres@server ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/pg_config --pkglibdir
/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/postgresql

[postgres@server ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/pg_config --libs
-lpgport -lpgcommon -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz
-ledit -lcrypt -ldl -lm
/

With ls command in /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/ and
/opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/postgresql not appear sslutils library. In fact,
after uninstall ssutils I moved the contrib  directory that contain sslutils
directory (with make and uninstall scripts) to test whether that was, but
the same error (tested with and without contrib directory).

Thanks for your help!

-----
Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
Rozvo Ware Solutions

Re: [GENERAL] Re: could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": inpg_upgrade process

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/04/2017 09:27 AM, DrakoRod wrote:
> Teorycally, I removed the sslutils from old cluster when review the $libdir
> appear this:

What where the exact steps you took to remove sslutils?

> /[postgres@server ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/pg_config --pkglibdir
> /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/postgresql
>
> [postgres@server ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/pg_config --libs
> -lpgport -lpgcommon -lxslt -lxml2 -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lz
> -ledit -lcrypt -ldl -lm
> /
>
> With ls command in /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/ and
> /opt/PostgreSQL/9.3/lib/postgresql not appear sslutils library. In fact,
> after uninstall ssutils I moved the contrib  directory that contain sslutils
> directory (with make and uninstall scripts) to test whether that was, but
> the same error (tested with and without contrib directory).

You showed a couple of different errors previously, so what was the
exact error message and what where you doing?

> Thanks for your help!
>

> -----
> Dame un poco de fe, eso me bastará.
> Rozvo Ware Solutions

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

[GENERAL] Re: could not load library "$libdir/sslutils": in pg_upgradeprocess

От
DrakoRod
Дата:
Adrian, Tom

Finally I did upgrade version but I've removed database pem (Postgres
Enterprise Manager) I guess that this database has some link in some
function to sslutils, because pg_upgrade showed the above errors while
upgraded this database.

/pg_restore: creating FUNCTION "public.sslutils_version()"
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 608; 1255 71731 FUNCTION
sslutils_version() *pem*
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  could not find
function "sslutils_version" in file
"/opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/lib/postgresql/sslutils.so"
    Command was: CREATE FUNCTION "sslutils_version"() RETURNS "text"
    LANGUAGE "c" IMMUTABLE
    AS '$libdir/sslutils', 'sslutils_version'...
/

But when I removed pem database the process pg_upgrade finished correctly.

Thanks for your help!!

-----